Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I feel like chicken tonight...

Note to reader: there is nothing interesting, motivating, or exciting in what you are about to read.  However, I made a recipe tonight that is too good not to share: Cooks.com Fast & Easy Chicken and Potatoes.  Forget what your mother told you...  sometimes things that are fast and easy actually are worthwhile!

Ingredients: chicken, potatoes, flour, salt, pepper, paprika, sour cream, butter, broth or bouillon cubes

  1. Cut up 2-3 lbs chicken
  2. In a Ziploc, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika
  3. Shake the chicken in the Ziploc mix until coated
  4. Pan fry chicken in 1/2 to 1 stick butter (worry about the gym tomorrow...  it's worth the calories)
  5. Add sliced potatoes and 1 cup broth (I used 1 cup of water and 2 beef bouillon cubes because that's what I had in my cupboard)
  6. When chicken is cooked through, remove from pan; keep cooking potatoes until tender
  7. Remove potatoes from the pan and add 1/2 cup sour cream to drippings; stir to make delicious sauce/gravy
Serve with cooked carrots or a vegetable of your choice.

P.S. This entire process took me about thirty minutes.  
P.P.S.  The whole family liked it.  Even my exceptionally picky children.  One for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment