Friday, February 22, 2013

Here we go...

Welcome to my blog.  (That feels weird to say.)

I want to write about my life- as a mom, wife, teacher, friend, daughter, sister, learner, and wonderer.  (According to Blogger, that's not a word.  Oh well.)

More specifically, I want to write about figuring it all out.  As a kid I looked at adults as magical creatures who inherently knew how to prepare a holiday meal, remove coffee stains from mugs, plan a bridal shower, keep a household, do their makeup, balance a career, have good hair, maintain a marriage, and raise little human beings.  They seemed so competent, confident, and wise.  Then I woke up- 31, a husband, 2 kids, a thousand commitments, endless laundry, and not enough time in the day.  There was no boot camp, no jedi training, no magical rite of passage.  Just me...  and some days, seemingly, the balance of the universe hanging in the balance.  Thank goodness for Google, a sense of humor, and a willingness to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment