Friday, February 22, 2013

DIY Pizza Party!

Hosted dinner tonight for friends with culinary talents far greater than mine, so I chose a fun, easy dinner to please: DIY pizza.  (This was also appealing to the under 11 crowd.)

Recipes to remember:

Jill's Tasty Artichoke-Red Pepper Dip - crowd pleaser
  • 2 packages softened cream cheese
  • 1 jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 jar roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
  • 2 cups mayo
  • 2 cups cheese (she suggests Parmesan, I used cheddar)
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and serve with chips or crackers.

AllRecipe's Awesome Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings


Better Homes and Gardens Homemade Pizza Dough

  • My husband and son LOVE to make this dough together.
  • We filled bowls with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, goat cheese, chopped spinach, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, mushrooms, and peppers.
  • Children and adults alike went to town making their own pizza masterpieces.
Night in review: 
  • Cost was minimal (so husband was happy)
  • Prep time was minimal (I spent the afternoon at the science museum with my kids, so they were happy)
  • Fun was had by all (so I was happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment