Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Too busy Tuesday- crockpot chicken divan

Today I have meetings until 5, a school board meeting I want to attend at 6:30, and people to feed!

I had indicated to my family that I'd make chicken divan (an all time family favorite), without really considering my schedule...  so I looked up a Campbell's recipe and made some substitutions...

My (sort-of) crockpot chicken divan:

  • Coat your crockpot with cooking spray
  • Put 2 cups uncooked white rice on bottom of slow cooker
  • Layer 4-6 uncooked chicken breasts, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 1 bag frozen broccoli, and mixture of 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup mayo, curry to taste
  • Pour 2 cups chicken broth around edge of slow cooker and do not stir!
  • Top with 1 (additional) cup shredded cheddar and bread crumbs
  • Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours (I had a long day...  mine was closer to 9 and still tasted great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment