Solution: Creativity and a crockpot.
This was my afternoon. As usual, I turned to Google and once again came across the Year of Slow Cooking blog. This woman totally impresses me. Like, want to have her over for coffee and be her friend kind of impresses me. Instead, I'll just keep stealing her ideas.
So based on what I had in my cupboards, I used her baked ziti recipe.
- Grease your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Rinse your pasta (I used penne) with water so it is damp going into the crockpot.
- Make one layer of uncooked pasta in crockpot and top with pasta sauce (I used a jar of vodka sauce and a jar of primavera), grated cheese (I used mozzerella), and chopped vegetables (I used mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes). Sprinkle with minced onion or onion powder or garlic powder.
- Repeat layers until you have the desired amount of pasta, etc.
- Pour 1/3(ish) cup water around the edges of the crockpot to add moisture to the mixture.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment