- Make a batch of white cake batter (I used Aldi brand cake mix- do what works for you)
- Separate into 6 bowls and add food color drops as follows
- Red: 12-15 drops red food coloring
- Orange: 5 drops yellow + 2 drops red
- Yellow: 7-10 drops yellow
- Green: 7-10 drops green OR 9 drops yellow + 2 drops blue
- Blue: 12-15 drops blue
- Purple: 7 drops red + 2 blue
- Line cupcake pans with tins and drop batter in by spoonfuls... I did red first, then orange, etc. Have fun with this- it is not a science, it's an art form!
- Bake according to recipe directions
- Frost with fun colors
- Warn guests with dye allergies ;)
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Tie-dye cupcakes... why not?
My 5-year-old decided he wanted a glow party for his birthday... so we quickly became the house of all things fluorescent, colorful, and/or neon. In our attempt to stay vibrant, I discovered DIY tie-dye cupcakes, described below:
Labels:
food coloring,
tie-dye cupcakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment